Thursday, December 25, 2008

For M

I did not know that I was looking for you
until I found you
and in finding you
the whole of my life made sense
each wayward turn, each broken promise
filled in as pieces of a puzzle
I could not see
until this single moment

If you would have me
I would be yours
Not because you desire me now
But because you have always desired me
without knowing
why
without knowing I existed
Gravity wandering in search of its planetary object

And when tomorrow comes
and this planet turns on its axis
and shifts in an inevitable arc
pulled by forces we cannot control
We will have existed
Desire and passion joined
if only in passing

RunningawaywiththeSpoon (c) 2008

All rights reserved. This poem cannot be reproduced or copied in whole or in part without the expressed written permission of the author.

No comments: